Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren. Anyone can participate in IMM and you are not limited to only sharing books that arrive via your mailbox. You can also share books that you've bought or books that you've gotten at the library. You can find more information on how to participate in the In My Mailbox meme by visiting The Story Siren.

This week in my mailbox...

The Demon's Lexicon (The Demon's Lexicon Trilogy #1)
by Sarah Rees Brennan

Nick and his brother, Alan, have spent their lives on the run from magic. Their father was murdered, and their mother was driven mad by magicians and the demons who give them power. The magicians are hunting the Ryves family for a charm that Nick's mother stole -- a charm that keeps her alive -- and they want it badly enough to kill again.

Danger draws even closer when a brother and sister come to the Ryves family for help. The boy wears a demon's mark, a sign of death that almost nothing can erase...and when Alan also gets marked by a demon, Nick is des-perate to save him. The only way to do that is to kill one of the magicians they have been hiding from for so long.

Ensnared in a deadly game of cat and mouse, Nick starts to suspect that his brother is telling him lie after lie about their past. As the magicians' Circle closes in on their family, Nick uncovers the secret that could destroy them all.

This is the Demon's Lexicon. Turn the page.



Remember Me (Remember Me Books #1-3, Remember Me, The Return, The Last Story) by Christopher Pike

She won't let them forget.

Shari Cooper wakes up dead. The last thing she can remember is falling from a balcony during her friend's party. Her death has been ruled a suicide, but Shari knows she was murdered. All of her closest friends are now suspects. As she tries to find her killer from the other side, she discovers her friends may not have been so loyal to her after all. Now Shari is not just out for justice, she's out for revenge. . . .


Infinite Days (Vampire Queen #1) by Rebecca Maizel


Lenah Beaudonte is, in many ways, your average teen: the new girl at Wickham Boarding School, she struggles to fit in enough to survive and stand out enough to catch the eye of the golden-boy lacrosse captain. But Lenah also just happens to be a recovering five-hundred-year-old vampire queen. After centuries of terrorizing Europe, Lenah is able to realize the dream all vampires have -- to be human again. After performing a dangerous ritual to restore her humanity, Lenah entered a century-long hibernation, leaving behind the wicked coven she ruled over and the eternal love who has helped grant her deep-seated wish.

Until, that is, Lenah draws her first natural breath in centuries at Wickham and rediscovers a human life that bears little resemblance to the one she had known. As if suddenly becoming a teenager weren’t stressful enough, each passing hour brings Lenah closer to the moment when her abandoned coven will open the crypt where she should be sleeping and find her gone. As her borrowed days slip by, Lenah resolves to live her newfound life as fully as she can. But, to do so, she must answer ominous questions: Can an ex-vampire survive in an alien time and place? What can Lenah do to protect her new friends from the bloodthirsty menace about to descend upon them? And how is she ever going to pass her biology midterm?

Wow...that's a lot of reading I have to catch up on. Is it bad that I have to sneak my books onto the bookshelf before anyone else sees them? It's getting as bad as when I buy a new purse or shoes! Now it's your turn...what other books are out there that I need to sneak onto my bookshelf?

6 comments:

S.A. Larsenッ said...

I haven't started Demon's Lexicon, yet. It looks great. They all do. Thanks.

Lydia Kang said...

These look great. I need to sneak them onto my bookshelf too!

Lindsay said...

Are you sneaking peeks at my bookshelves again? lol.
Awesome choices though. I've just got The Unidentified to add on my shelf. :)

Hannah said...

Is that Christopher Pike I see?! Yay!!! I love him, in case you didn't know. :D

Unknown said...

One's I haven't heard of yet! Yay me! Extra for my TBR list :)

Sara {Rhapsody and Chaos} said...

ooooo I really want to read The Demon's Lexicon...