Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

You Need to Read Carrie Jones...

Over the break I caught up on a most intriguing series by Carrie Jones. What first drew me in was of course the cover I mean just look at it...

Isn't it just stunning? Now throw in a lovable character named Zara and a creepy stalker guy and you have a must read book. But don't take my word for it...
Need (Need #1) by Carrie Jones (Goodreads Author)

Goodreads Description:
Zara White suspects there's a freaky guy semi-stalking her. She's also obsessed with phobias. And it's true, she hasn't exactly been herself since her stepfather died. But exiling her to shivery Maine to live with her grandmother? That seems a bit extreme. The move is supposed to help her stay sane...but Zara's pretty sure her mom just can't deal with her right now.

She couldn't be more wrong. Turns out the semi-stalker is not a figment of Zara's overactive imagination. In fact, he's still following her, leaving behind an eerie trail of gold dust. There's something not right - not human - in this sleepy Maine town, and all signs point to Zara.

In this creepy, compelling breakout novel, Carrie Jones delivers romance, suspense, and a creature you never thought you'd have to fear.


The fun does not stop there. Here are the next two installments in the series:
Captivate (Need #2)


Entice (Need #3)

Aren't they just stunning? I left off the descriptions so as not to give anything away. The fourth installment is in the works and I for one cannot wait to get my hands on it. I will warn you, book three does end with a cliffhanger of sorts. I'm not against them, but you all know my skill of patience is a bit lacking at times.

How about you? What must read series have you read lately? Do you enjoy a good cliffhanger or would you rather have a resolution?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I so need some Carrie!!! Right now I have the Wake Trilogy headed to my house but when that is done I feel the need to dive right into Carrie Jones! Let's see if it happens!

Happy Friday!

Stina said...

I have NEED on my bookshelf (since August). I'll definitely read it next after your comments here. :D

S.A. Larsenッ said...

I did not know this was set in Maine. Must get. *sigh* I need another set of eyes to do all the reading I have to do.

Enjoy your weekend.

Katrina L. Lantz said...

Wow! Those covers are stunning! And the story is so intriguing. Thank you for bringing them to my attention. I'm off to goodreads to add them to my shelf!

Melissa said...

I really liked the first one. The second one kind of bored me a bit but the third book went back to the awesome of the first. I'm totally rooting for Astley!

Jess said...

That gold dust is fabulous--I totally see this bringing on a battle of gold VS. silver in the shimmery eyeshadow department :)

Doesn't Stephen King live in Maine? ...I'm creeped out by this book already!

LTM said...

oh, those ARE gorgeous! I've heard a lot about the third one lately... must check these out~ Thanks, Renae! :o)

Natalie Aguirre said...

I just learned about the series and finished Entice. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who loves these stories.

Anonymous said...

I haven't read my copy of NEED yet. I've been so overwhelmed by my TBR stack. And I've heard so many good things about this series.