So WriteOnCon starts tomorrow. That's right August 16th is already here. I can hardly believe it! Not only do I have to go back to work next week, but I have about a thousand other things to do to get my kids ready for school.
But that's next week.
This week is dedicated to this amazing online conference! Living smack dab in the middle of nowhere-land, I never get the chance to attend writing conferences. That is until WriteOnCon. These ladies are amazing! They have authors, agents and editors...it is going to be fabulous.
Not signed up yet? Don't worry there's still time. (But not much!)
Just visit their home page here. Get yourself signed up, have a look around and then get a good night's sleep.
But before you crash for the day be sure to check out the brand new Query Ninja's...
From the WriteOnCon website:
This program will take place in the forums–so you must be registered and using the forums to participate.
Here’s what you’ll do:
1. Post your absolute best, polished query letter or writing sample in the appropriate critique threads in the forums. (Please look carefully and ask questions if you’re unsure about where to post, and make sure you follow all our forum guidelines)
2. Don your thick dragon skin, cross your fingers, and keep checking your forum posts, because our Ninja Agents will be sneaking around, leaving feedback on whatever strikes their fancy–which could very well be YOUR QUERY.
3. Pray you’ve perfected your work enough to generate a request. Some agents may be requesting from the posts they read.
4. Remember your manners. Please don’t engage in hurtful behavior toward an industry professional because of feedback they might leave on your query. Remember, publishing is SO SUBJECTIVE.
That’s it. That’s all there is to it. All you have to do is use our forums the same way you should be using them anyway (because they’re AWESOME) and you could have a super-cool Ninja-Agent critique your work. And even if they don’t comment on your work (they promise they will try to comment/critique on as many as they can) you can learn SO much from the comments they leave for others.
So how do you know when to look for them?
Watch the @WriteOnCon twitter feed for when we tweet: “A Ninja Agent just entered the forums!” That’s how you’ll know exactly when they’re there. But really, the best part about the forum is that you can go read the feedback whenever your schedule allows.
What the Ninjas will do:
1. Each Ninja Agent will be in the forum for at least one hour (some have multiple slots). You won’t know who, and you won’t know when…that’s the beauty of a ninja. They strike when you’re least expecting it.
2. Ninja Agents have been encouraged to leave feedback—as detailed or as vague as they want—on as many queries as they can. They can also request from the queries they read.
We are announcing who the Ninja Agents are, but not when they’ll be Ninja-ing.
Our Ninjafied Nunchuckatorians are:
Michelle Wolfson, with Wolfson Literary
Natalie Fischer, with Bradford Literary
Michelle Andelman, with Regal Literary
Kathleen Ortiz, with Nancy Coffey Literary
Ammi-Joan Paquette, with Erin Murphy Literary
Jessica Sinsheimer, with Sarah Jane Freymann
Roseanne Wells, with Marianne Strong Literary
Joanna Volpe, with Nancy Coffey Literary
Mary Kole, with Andrea Brown Literary
Suzie Townsend, with FinePrint Literary
Carlie Webber, with the Jane Rotrosen Agency
Alyssa Eisner Henkin, with Trident Media
Marietta Zacker, with Nancy Gallt Literary
The Ninja-Agent Program is open for business starting on Monday, August 15, one day before the conference begins. That’s when we’ll open the main conference forums and let you start posting your work. This will give you time to get your writing in tip-top shape and in the forums before Tuesday, when our first Ninja will arrive.
Like I said these ladies are amazing! I won't keep you...go sign up! Post your queries and I'll hopefully see everyone at the conference.
Z is for Zzzz #AtoZChallenge
5 hours ago