Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

String Bridge by Jessica Bell

Amazing. Gripping. Poetic. Heartbreaking.

These are just a handful of words that come to mind when I think of how to describe Jessica Bell's debut novel String Bridge. Now I have to admit I'm not good at venturing outside of my young adult comfort zone, but let me tell you that I am so glad I did.

From the moment I began reading String Bridge I was hard pressed to put it down. That's how I measure the quality of a good book. If I walk around my house attempting to multitask while still reading, then I know it has to be fabulous.

Jessica has created a raw and relatable character in Melody. The roller coaster of emotions this character goes through leaves the reader breathless and begging for more. What starts out as a story of a woman striving to reach a lifelong dream soon swerves into something much, much more than the reader can even possibly imagine.

Not convinced yet?
Here's a little snippet...


String Bridge by Jessica Bell (Goodreads Author)

Goodreads Description:
Greek cuisine, smog and domestic drudgery was not the life Australian musician, Melody, was expecting when she married a Greek music promoter and settled in Athens, Greece. Keen to play in her new shoes, though, Melody trades her guitar for a 'proper' career and her music for motherhood. That is, until she can bear it no longer and plots a return to the stage--and the person she used to be. However, the obstacles she faces along the way are nothing compared to the tragedy that awaits, and she realizes she's been seeking fulfilment in the wrong place.


Dying to read it yet? You should be. You need to read this book. But you'll have to wait a little while longer. the official release date for String Bridge is Tuesday November 1st. I know, I know I hate teasing, but I just couldn't wait to share.

To learn more about Jessica you can visit her website here or her amazing blog here.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Not only do I adore Jessica but I adored String Bridge, I also LOVED her soundtrack. I had the pleasure of listening to her on the radio and she's extremely talented. If people aren't picking it up, it's because they don't know a good thing when they see it!

Jessica Bell said...

Wow, thank you so much, Renae! This is such a lovely surprise out of my busy working day! I'm SO pleased you liked it. Was a little worried knowing that you're a big YA reader. Phew! Awesome. Just what I needed. THANK YOU!

Matthew MacNish said...

I read the first third or so of this a long time ago, and loved it very much. I basically hate it that I've been so busy I haven't had time to finish the rest.

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

I've been hearing so many AMAZING things about this book. I can't wait to read it when it comes out!

Amy

LTM said...

I've read it, and it is FANTASTIC! You are so right, Renae. I loved this book. Great review~