Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Fess Up Time...Just How Big Is That TBR Pile?

Okay so today I'm going to get a little bit up close and personal with all of you lovely people. You see one of my favorite betas and I...you might know her...the lovely Lindsay over at Adventures in Writing. Of course you do because she is awesome! Well we often banter back and forth about our ever growing TBR piles.

But.

We have never divulged how many books are actually in that pile. So today I'm coming clean and I'm just dying to know the same from all of you! Bloggers are so good at book reviews and finding all the best new releases that I have never had a larger pile of books to read. Which just makes me all kinds of happy because I never run out of reading material.

So here is an idea of what I'm dealing with...

This is one of my happy places. It's also my space that is off limits to all. It's not much, but when you have kids you take what you can get. So off of this bookshelf alone I counted just this morning and I have Thirty Four. Yes. Thirty Four books that I need to read. That includes some I've had for a while as well as all of my newbies that I have had to sneak onto the shelf.

Okay, I aired my dirty laundry now it's your turn. Just how many books do you have in that pile that's just waiting for your attention?

17 comments:

vic caswell said...

ten. for now... that number is always growing though! :)
your bookshelves are way more organized than mine!

Hannah said...

hahahaha! Wow, now I really feel bad. I have...how do I put this delicately...more than that, much, much more.

Unknown said...

Oh my GOD, your bookshelf is to die for! Look at all those amazing books!! Damn my status as a poor uni student.

My TBR pile is... 20? I think? I have 7 waiting for me at home, so that'll keep me occupied for a week or so... :P

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Seriously, I need to count. I have no idea the number. I have quite a few on hand, and then there's my cyberspace list. I think I'm buried.

Bast said...

Ummm ... I have a "to buy" folder on my Kindle with 21 books. But then I have a "samples" folder of books that I'll probably want to buy too. That folder has like 39 books. So, I have 60 books in my TBR pile.

The bad thing is, there are so many books I want to read that I can never make a decision of what to read.

Jess said...

My list is at 23 right now...LOVE your bookshelf! An off-limits area is such a great idea...my off-limits area is apparently the kitchen--nobody seems to deal with the dishwasher except me :)

Unknown said...

Oh goodness *hides* mine TBR pile is up over the 200's - I have WAY, WAY to many books!

Stina said...

I've lost count.

Not only do I have books I haven't read before. I've got sequels which I need to reread the book before it first. And lets not forget the books I've been dying to re-read. The reason I buy them in the first place. ;)

Lydia Kang said...

OMG, I don't have an actual list, just titles floating around in my brain. But your list is pretty impressive!

Chris Phillips said...

Zegads those walls are pink! I keep my TBR pile small so I can get through it.

Talei said...

Haha! Oh my goodness. I was laughing at your thirty four but then I just read Book Crazy Jenn's over 200!! Well I can hold my head up and say, I honestly don't know that I have at least 10 titles in random places about the house. Right now I'm looking at a stack of eight on my desk...but I have more upstairs and down! ;))

BTW - if you're looking for another to add to your TBR - come see my review for today. ;))

Candyland said...

My TBR is endless. I just don't have the time to read these days.

Lindsay said...

Aww, you're my favourite beta as well <3.

You forgot to mention how we both now have to sneak books in the house. lol.

Hmm, now I thinks I should post about my TBR pile/shelf next week. :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Probably around 20 at home. In my classroom there are dozens and dozens I want to read, but there is NO time!!! :)

Golden Eagle said...

I have around 25 in my TBR pile, all library books, which means I have really got to get reading! LOL.

Unknown said...

Umm are we just talking about what we own... or what we WANT? Because if it's what we want I might as well just take a picture at Barnes & Noble. I'm in awe of your book shelves... JEALOUS is more like it.

In December I'll take a picture and show you (I'm moving and my husband is buying me nice bookshelves!)

Katrina L. Lantz said...

Wow! Okay, but at least yours is organized so it looks gorgeous!

I'll have to piece mine together from several corners of the house later. ;)

But wouldn't it be depressing to finish an awesome book and realize there was nothing left in the TBR pile? LONG LIVE THE TBR PILE!

Thanks for making me smile so early in the morning!