Do you have it?
Check out the signs below and if you can nod and smile with even just one, well then I'm sorry my friend. You've got it. You've got it bad.
How will you fare? Read on and find out:
10. You leave the house in such a spastic hurry for work that you're not sure you're wearing matching shoes. (This is due in large part to taking that extra few minutes out of your morning routine to finish that chapter you've been dying to get down on paper.)
9. You opt for a ponytail and slap on the make-up in order to buy yourself more writing time.
8. Mac and Cheese/Hamburger Helper become gourmet meals at home.
7. You start referring to your characters like they are real life people.
6. Caffeine becomes its own food group.
5. Sleep becomes highly overrated. That's what the weekends are for right?
4. You can carry on an entire conversation by yourself.
3. In the car on the way to work you get an idea out of the clear blue sky, have no paper so you write on your arm with your lipstick because you also have no pen. (Do not even judge me it only happened once!)
2. Non-writers often look at you like you're speaking another language when you talk about your manuscript or even your favorite books.
1. Last but certainly not least...Someone can be talking to you and you hear nothing. Not a darn word because you have dialogue running through your head and you secretly want to get to a quiet corner to write it down.
So how did you fare? Did I leave anything out that you our willing to share? Come on spill, you know you want to!
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Do you have it?
Posted by Renae at 7:22 PM