Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Back to the Drawing Board....

Well maybe not quite all the way back...but, I have this work in progress (sigh) that I've been working on furiously. I'm certain there are a few of you out there who can relate. Anyway, I sent the first few chapters out to my first beta, she's the one who makes sure whats going on in my head makes sense. Huge job for her I know! Well, I've been so into the story that my MC is coming off as too nice! Nice! Not good!

The problem with this you ask? My MC is supposed to be this larger than life huntress of mythical creatures so nice does not quite fit in the mix. At least not all of the time. So...I'm combing over the first 45,000 words in order to add fire to her character. Or at least that's what I'm supposed to be doing.

Has this happened to any of you? Please say that I'm not alone!

2 comments:

Lydia Kang said...

Wow, it's amazing to read this bc I had the same problem! My first beta was also like, "everthing is so nice...too nice."

So I had to rock the ship, so-to-speak.

Good luck!

Renae said...

Too funny! Good luck to you too! I hate having to go back, but if it makes the MS better than what can we do?

BTW recieved my gift card today...plan to hit Starbucks on the way to work in the morning!

Thanks again!