Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cat's Out of the Bag Now!

Does anyone feel like they've answered the same question at least ten times? Twenty? More?

If you have your hand in the air waving it around like a maniac, then I'm right there with you. Somewhere around the area of two years ago, I needed some sort of way to relieve the craziness that is my life. So what did I do? Started writing. I didn't tell anyone at first. Then just my sister, she read a few chapters then asked for more. You get the idea.

I know, crazy way to relieve stress. Funny thing is...it works for me. I can plot and scheme in my head all day long and then when the kiddos go to bed, write to my little hearts content, creating a world where I'm in charge and can have free reign over what happens. What more can you ask for?

So I come to the question that everyone and I do mean everyone asks when they find out about the book. When do you have time?

My answer: I wake up at a ridiculous hour, get ready for work, then write until I have to get everyone else ready. Then at night after about one hundred other things are finished, I write some more. Some days it's one page, some a whole chapter...just depends on how wound up my mind is that particular day.

So now everyone knows the method to my madness. I'm not saying its pretty or even normal...but from what I've been told, writers aren't normal. I can live with that.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Great post.
I think if you really have the drive and desire to write then you make the time. Even if it means getting up early.

Lydia Kang said...

You just have to squeeze it in when you can. If you love it, you make it happen, right?

Renae said...

I couldn't agree more! It doesn't even seem like work when it's something you love.

D.M.Cunningham said...

I have that same schedule! But it works well, oddly enough. You are not alone Renae. There are several of us out there lingering in the witching hours. Keep those fingers typing.

k.padget said...

So knew you were crazy anyway, thanks for dragging me with you! It is great being the sister. I can love your world and get crazy with you then go to bed when I have had ENOUGH! Luv u though!

Renae said...

At least you get to sleep! Thanks for coming along for the ride!