Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Reader Habits

I was racking my brain for a clever blog when I came across this "meme" or questionaire on StoryWings.
Perfect!!!

Here are the questions and my answers...

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack:
As a rule, I don't snack while reading. I have a cow if the pages get messed up so I pretty much save the snacking for in front of the T.V.

What is your favorite drink while reading?
Starbucks or Dr.Pepper.


Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
Right...like that would ever happen! One time my husband tried to bend one of the pages and I about had a heart attack!


How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?

I have an overabundance of bookmarks in case I start more than one book. I try to avoid this but sometimes it just happens. There is no bending of the pages and I never remember the page I'm on.

Fiction, non-fiction, or both?
I'm fiction all the way. I only read non-fiction when we do a book study at work.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of a chapter, or can you stop anywhere?
I like to read to the end of a chapter...but sometimes life gets in the way and I have to stop wherever. Hate it when that happens.

Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or on the floor if the author irritates you?
No-way! If I drop a book I feel bad. I don't like getting them messed up.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away?
Usually I can read the context clues and get somewhat of an idea. But no I don't stop.

What are you currently reading?
Spells by Aprilynn Pike

What is the last book you bought?
Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead (Just finished reading it and WOW!)

Are you the type of person that reads one book at a time, or can you read more than one?
I try to focus on one at a time but there are times for one reason or another that I start another book.

Do you have a favourite time/place to read?
I read whenever I have time, whether it be morning, noon or night. I get very little time so when I do I take advantage of it.

Do you prefer series books or stand alones?
I tend to gravitate toward series. When I like a book I hate for the story to end and like knowing there's more to come.

Is there a specific book or author you find yourself recommending over and over?
Usually titles...The Mortal Instruments, Hunger Games Vampire Academy, Night World.

How do you organize your books? (by genre, title, author's last name, etc.)I have my book shelves organized with all the books in a series together with no particular order. Just however I think looks good. I know crazy right?

Want to join in? Take these questions and post on your own blog, leave a link here, then visit Storywings here and post your answers too. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

I don't like to mess up my books either. :)

So fun. I've just posted about this too. As requested here is my link.

http://isabellamorgan.blogspot.com/2010/05/i-read-you-read-we-all-read-how-do-i.html

Wings said...

i loved spirit bound! just finished reading it.

i feel guilty when i drop a book as well hehe.

lisa and laura said...

We are like bookish twins! Almost all my answers matched yours!

Jaydee Morgan said...

Oh my, half my books would give you a heart attack ;) I love to dog-ear the pages and I write in them all the time.

Jemi Fraser said...

I agree - I never, ever turn down a page - or break the spine by laying it upside down. I'm completely paranoid that way!

Nice to meet you. Great blog you have here! :)

Renae said...

Loved reading all the comments! Its fun to see that others have the same quirks as me.