Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

ARC Contest Winner and Awesome Agent Pitch Contest Announcement!!!!!

Before I tell you all who the lucky winner is I have a very special announcement to make. Be sure to stop by Monday because the wonderfully fantastic Sarah LaPolla with Curtis Brown LTD. will be featured in a can't miss interview! And here's the very best part...she has also agreed to judge a query pitch contest. (How fabulous is that?) The contest starts Monday June 21st and will run through Tuesday June 22nd.

Here are the rules:(I know more rules! But I only have three!)

1. You must be a follower of my blog.

2. You must follow her blog Glass Cases too. (which is really just a bonus reference for you!)

3. You can only enter one pitch - be sure it is something she is looking for.
Your pitch can only be 1-3 sentences long. (not long run on sentences!) The pitches will be left in the comment section of my blog. It's that simple!

Prizes:

1st place winner can submit the entire manuscript
2nd place winner can submit a partial (first 3 chapters)
3rd place winner will get a query critique

So be sure to spread the word and polish those pitches until they are bright and shiny and come back Monday to join in the excitement! Good luck to everyone!

Now the lucky winner is...Jemi Fraser!!

Congrats on your awesome books! (I swear I didn't read the ARC, however tempted I may have been!) Send me an e-mail and give me your address and I'll send you your wonderful prize!

Thanks to everyone who entered! I loved reading your comments of books you are anxiously awaiting!

Have a great weekend everyone! See you all here bright and early Monday!

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Ummm. How did you get an agent to be the judge of a contest for you? I'm super impressed. I'm also smacking myself in the head for not being done my manuscript, having a pitch, or having a query.

Dang. This will teach me.

Tyffani Clark said...

What's the deadline for this contest? How long do I have to polish my pitch and query? lol

Jemi Fraser said...

Wow!! Thank you! I'm so excited :)

I was busy checking our Sarah's blog and thinking about the pitch, I didn't even scroll down to see my name - and then when I did I squeed! (probably not a verb, but I liked it) :)

Thanks again!

Jessie Harrell said...

oh wow, very exciting! Sarah is actually on my "list" - can't wait until Monday now. thanks for having this contest.

S.A. Larsenッ said...

I will simply ditto Melissa's entire comment. Great contest.

Congrats Jemi!

Catch My Words said...

How do we enter? Do you want the pitch posted on this comment section or do we e-mail it somewhere? Thanks for a great contest!

jlansky(at)comcast(dot)net

I'm not sure if this is how one enters, but here's my pitch since I don't want to miss out on this one:

In BEING BOMPSY CARLEFFA, fifteen-year-old Ben discovers his entire life, including his name, is bullshit. He lives with his mother in a crappy apartment and believes a bogus lie about a father who died twelve years earlier. But things change when Ben meets a sleazy mobster, hanging outside his classroom, who is about to screw his life up—forever.

Jaydee Morgan said...

Sounds like a fantastic contest - I also wish I had a full manuscript that was polished.

And congrats to Jemi!

Renae said...

I'm glad everyone is so excited. Fear not, those of you not ready. (I know the feeling!) I have another contest lined up in September for you as well!
Congrats again to Jemi!

See you on Monday and I did alter the post...pitches will be left in the comment section. Thanks again guys for being so awesome!

Hannah said...

As much as I would love to, I'm not ready wither. Sigh. Hopefully, I will be read in September!! That is the plan anyway.

Anonymous said...

great contest renae! i saw it on lindsay's blog- very cool! i, like many others, are not ready yet either. but good luck to everyone that is ready!

thanks for the comment and 'follow' also! :)

Renae said...

I hope those of you not entering will come back for the interview. Sarah has some wonderful advice for writers at every step of their journey!

Theresa Milstein said...

What a cool contest.